Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TechTip: JavaScript Made Easy, Part II—Is Caps Lock On?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: JavaScript Made Easy, Part II—Is Caps Lock On?

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: JavaScript Made Easy, Part II—Is Caps Lock On? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: JavaScript Made Easy, Part II—Is Caps Lock On?0

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: JavaScript Made Easy, Part II—Is Caps Lock On? **
    Works well in IE...but not in FireFox 2.0 well, it detects if the characters are in uppercase, but not if the caps key is pressed. If you hold down shift and type, it treats that as if caps lock is on. Obviously if the user is holding shift, they want capitals. sorry...

Comment

Hi, As I see it this is one of these things that happens when creating web solutions - although there are specifications layed out there will always be differences in the way browsers handles things and this seems to be one of them. I have not found a soloution to the Firefox problem but I did find a very interesting page about the subject. Have a look at: http://www.quirksmode.org/js/keys.html Best regards - Jan

Comment

I am using Firefox ver 2.0.0.8 and it works fine for me. This isn't really about the caps lock key, it's the SHIFT key - detecting if that (SHIFT) is pressed or not and if the typed characters are upper case or not. If no shift key is pressed and letters are upper case, the caps lock must be on. Of course, this won't work if someone pastes into the field. Chris

Comment

Check password. If correct, allow in; else, Check for all caps. Send appropriate message.

Comment

Working...
          X