Partner TechTip: Blend SQL and RPGLE to Make Better Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner TechTip: Blend SQL and RPGLE to Make Better Tools

** This thread discusses the article: Partner TechTip: Blend SQL and RPGLE to Make Better Tools **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Partner TechTip: Blend SQL and RPGLE to Make Better Tools0

** This thread discusses the article: Partner TechTip: Blend SQL and RPGLE to Make Better Tools **
    I've been using a command by that name for a long time. I got the code from your magazine, back before it had this name... Basically, It consists of a command, CL and a Query Management query. The query just consists of a empty variable you pass in(the SQL statement).If any missed enbeded in a Query management. Create the query manager object then a cl and a cmd to support it. This will work practicaly anywhere. And it will support any SQL statement. If I am mistaken I applogieve. I would post the code for everyone, but I don't have access to an AS/400 right now. Someone could look it up in their archives.

Comment

But remember, the point of the article was to illustrate how to create your own tools using RPGLE, service programs, commands, etc... I hope it encourages programmers to create more such tools of their own. Because this version is written in RPGLE, it should perform well and predictably in an ILE environment. Which I don't believe the STRQMQRY version will do. Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X