Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: A Handful of SQL Tips

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: A Handful of SQL Tips **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: A Handful of SQL Tips **

TechTip: A Handful of SQL Tips

It would be nice if the advertisement didn't cover up part of the article...

Comment

Dave Turnidge wrote: > It would be nice if the advertisement didn't cover up part of the > article... There was one at the top and many at the sides; none of which covered up any part of the article. Perhaps it's a problem with your browser? What are you using? I'm using Netscape 7.01. Bill

Comment

Questions were asked how to use some examples in embedded SQL. Attached is simple program for testing. Program created via CRTSQLRPGI command on V5R1. Note that DAYOFYEAR in interactive and embedded SQL has different syntax. You can use DAYOFYEAR('12/31/200') or '2000-12-31' in interactive SQL, but for embedded SQL DATE function should be added: DAYOFYEAR(DATE('12/31/200')) or DAYOFYEAR(DATE('2000-12-31')) If field in a file is defined as date type (type L in DDS) DAYOFYEAR function uses the same syntax in embedded and interactive SQL: SELECT DAYOFYEAR(File_date) FROM Your_File.[file name=6ae5e14a_mcsqltip.txt size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6ae5e14a_mcsqltip.txt[/file]

Comment

When did the WITH become available on the iSeries DB2 UDB ? I have been wanting this function to be able to perform recursion in SQL.

Comment

The advertisement "Your face here" covers up the end of the first line of the first "Select" statement in my version of Intermittant Exploder 6.0.28.

Comment

It covered the statement when I viewed it as well. But you can Copy and Paste to notepad and see it in it's entirety.

Comment

Working...
              X