TechTip: Accessing Packed Data in "Flat" Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Accessing Packed Data in "Flat" Files

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Accessing Packed Data in "Flat" Files **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Accessing Packed Data in "Flat" Files **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Accessing Packed Data in "Flat" Files **
    And... if you put your complicated SQL statements, with all the substrings in a User Defined Table Function (UDTF), you can get access from any SQL interface (interactive, embedded SQL, ODBC, JDBC etd) with ease! It is like to use any other table. I think the UDTFs are a real great innovation in release V5R2M0. Birgitta

Comment

Birgitta, That is a great idea. I just wanted to illustrate the concept, but a table function that did the whole job one time, is a great idea. Though I think a function that performs the specific job of unpacking the data is a good idea too rather than repeating that bit of code over and over again. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post a reply or a tech tip that includes those ideas. Thanks for the suggestion! Kevin

Comment

Working...
      X