TechTip: V5R3's New SQL BIFs, Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: V5R3's New SQL BIFs, Part 3

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: V5R3's New SQL BIFs, Part 3 **
    This is a discussion about TechTip: V5R3's New SQL BIFs, Part 3.

Click here for the article.

When I try the examples from this article, I get the token not valid message when using the pipe. What am I missing? Kyle

Comment

When using the concatenation pipe symbol, you will need 2 of them with no spaces separating them ¦¦

Comment

Thanks but I did have two. See SQL statement below. select dayname(current date) ¦¦ ', ' ¦¦ monthname(current date) ¦¦ ' ' ¦¦ day(current date) ¦¦ ', ' ¦¦ year(current date) as LongDate from sysibm/sysdummy1 And this is the error. Token ¦ was not valid. Valid tokens: + - AS . Kyle

Comment

Kyle, I copied your code into STRSQL and I get the same error as you. I then replace your concatenation character with the concatenation character on my keyboard and it works fine. The problem is with your keyboard or with your keyboard mapping. Jay

Comment

Thanks but I did have two. See SQL statement below. select dayname(current date) ¦¦ ', ' ¦¦ monthname(current date) ¦¦ ' ' ¦¦ day(current date) ¦¦ ', ' ¦¦ year(current date) as LongDate from sysibm/sysdummy1 And this is the error. Token ¦ was not valid. Valid tokens: + - AS . Kyle

Comment

Thanks! The keyboard mapping was a little whacked. That took care of the problem. Kyle

Comment

Working...
              X