CPF5192 - Negative response code 10050122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPF5192 - Negative response code 10050122

I believe it to be an unsupported device based upon the way the device description it goes up against on the 400 or it is a 132 VS 80 column issue. Might want to delete the device description and have the system auto config it for this user to see if it still act's up.

When you say delete the device. This is happening on 1 out of 3 AS400 systems where batches are run from a scheduling screen. The occurrence is across a fair few different QPADEV* prefixed devices on just the 1 AS400. With regards to the 132 VS 80 column issue, could you please expand a little more for me, re the problem... Also, if i just delete the offending QPADEV* devices, will i have to wait for the next IPL to recreate them, or will they be re-created by their respective controllers? Thanks again, Paul.

Comment

Can anyone please advise me on how to correct the problem I'm experiencing with the above message. Message . . . . : Data sent to device QPADEV0199 not valid. Negative response code is 10050122. Cause . . . . . : The condition was caused by the program output data containing below hex 40 or too many input fields. More information on th negative response code can be found in either the IBM 5494 Remote Control Unit Functions Reference (under negative responses) or the SNA Formats Manual (under SENSE or LUSTAT codes). Invalid data (below hex 40) may ha occurred in one of the following ways: Invalid parameter data passed in variable to command language program. Variable is used in SNDPGMMSG command. Command fails when data is displayed. Hexadecimal characters be hex 40 entered into TEXT parameter of create command. Display command fo object fails when object parameters are displayed. Data base record containing invalid data displayed by the application program. Failure to specify RSTDSP(*YES) when alternating displays from more than one file to the device, where both files have input fields. Recovery . . . : Corre the program or the output data. Try the command again. If the problem occurs again, enter the ANZPRB command to run problem analysis. The IBM5494 manual this message refers to, I am unable to find on Redbooks site. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Foz.

Comment

This was resolved when the previous PC Client software was reverted back. The problem was Extra Client Access V6.7 that was the cause.

Comment

Working...
        X