Crystal reporting and AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal reporting and AS400

Crystal Reports is a great tool to use with the 400. It is a shame that no one at Crystal Decisions knows what an AS/400 or I-series is! You can get around the field naming situation, by using the ALIAS keyword in your DDS. Make sure that your ODBC driver is set to use SQL naming conventions. Once done, the field names will appear in Crystal as your ALIAS names. Dave

Crystal reporting and AS400

Hi, We are looking to use Crystal reporting to allow our users to report from our 400, this will bring us inline with the standards throughout our company. We use GEAC (JBA) System21 on a 720 at 4.4. I have few questions! The users would not understand the file structure and field names - ie CONO35 for company , would we have to write a kind of middleware DDS for Crystal to use - which defines the files and their associations with fields in other files, and give them a more reasonable field name ? We are considering buying another server to host the downloaded dbase for Crystal to use, this would stop excess use of the 400 thru the day. If this is the right way to go - would anyone consider LPAR? I guess I have a lot of questions on this topic. Anyone out there using Crystal & the 400?? NB Unlucky losing out to Germany in the Football ( or soccer) World Cup!! Being in the UK it will take us months to comes to terms with todays results . TIA Carl

Comment

Working...
    X