X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVRPRTF in and RPGIV procedure

Try leaving out the slash "/" Dave

OVRPRTF in and RPGIV procedure

Or try putting quotes around it. You'll need to code two quotes in your RPG for every quote you need in the command string: ... + 'FORMTYPE(''' + formtype + ''')' ... or D quote c '''' ... + 'FORMTYPE(' + quote + formtype + quote + ')'

Comment

Ok.... I was brain-dead on that one ! Putting quotes around it did the trick.

Comment

I created a procedure to build and OVRPRTF in RPGIV and use QCMDEXC to do the actual override after the command has been created in a string. I did it in RPG rather than CL because I have a file of print attributes for each report which may be different from one run to the next. Also, concatenating all of the parameters for the override was easier th it would have been in a CLP. However, there is a problem with a form type called "8 X 1/2 BY 11". When I call the prototyped QCMDEXC it fails saying an expression is not allowed. What would be the best soulution to remedy this problem ? Can I just build the command and pass it and the length to a CLP which in turn will call QCMDEXC to do the override ? What is the maximum length parameter that can be passed to a CLP ?

Comment

I have always used a table to define my overrides and then move the command to the field I defined to pass to the Qcmdexc and move the data into the string in the correct position. This will give you a way to add more parameters if you need them. You could also use a physical file with the overrides as records. Either way, its cleaner. Just a thought. I know you have it now, but I thought you might like another way as well.

Comment

Working...
          X