X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNRMTCMD

What are you trying to do? bobh

RUNRMTCMD

Bob, While searching the forum for another problem I was working with, I came across a post from you which raised my curiosity with the current task I'm working on. Below is the RUNRMTCMD that I am working with and following it, is a reply you had posted: CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) + VALUE('D:MICROS~1OFFICEWINWORD.EXE. + H:' *TCAT &SHARE *TCAT '' *TCAT &DOC) RUNRMTCMD CMD(&CMD) RMTLOCNAME('PC04' *IP) + RMTUSER('HANSENJ') RMTPWD('XXXX23') POST FROM BOB H: John's CL will work -- I think -- but like any string handling situation REXX is the only way to fly. Write a command with a REXX program as the CPP. HTH bobh (This post was from 7/28/2000)[*]********************************************* The RUNRMTCMD works for me--but I would love to see it fly.... I know nothing about REXX, but if this is something that would speed up this process, I want to try it out. Diane

Comment

RUNRMTCMD

Are you talking about how fast a string can be put together? The execution time of the PC application would far outweigh any minor efficiencies in AS/400 string manipulation.

Comment

RUNRMTCMD

It was a turn of phrase and not related to processing speed. When you are in CL and have a string problem, create a command with a REXX script as the CPP and let REXX - in your case - submit the RUNRMTCMD... or whatever. That's all. bobh

Comment

RUNRMTCMD

When I execute the RUNRMTCMD, MSWORD opens but without the initial blank document. I wait 15 seconds until the blank document appears and I have control of the MSWORD program. If I open MSWORD without the RUNRMTCMD, I have an instant blank document. I'm just looking for something that would speed this process and thought maybe REXX would be my answer. example of my command: RUNRMTCMD CMD(&CMD) RMTLOCNAME(&IP *IP) RMTUSER(*NONE) RMTPWD(*NONE)

Comment

RUNRMTCMD

I am testing an application that uses the RUNRMTCMD in a CL program. This command passes a directory path for a document from the IFS and then executes MSWORD. All works fine, but now I want some speed with this process. I don't know anything about REXX, but is this something I could look into that possibly would allow this process to speed up? Thoughts would be appreciated. Diane

Comment

RUNRMTCMD

Hi Diane, I don't know for sure if this will help, but you may want to try issuing the "Start" command from RUNRMTCMD, instead of launching Word directly. Do a "HELP START" for a PC command prompt to get info on the syntax. Start will launch a program (Word, in this case) and may help get Word into a seperate process. From the sound of it, something is waiting for something else and that's what's causing the delay. HTH, Brian

Comment

Working...
              X