Win98/Excel2000/VBA - V4R5/Stored Procedures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win98/Excel2000/VBA - V4R5/Stored Procedures

Bill, You might try using the date() function on that field since that character value is just a representation of a date value and not a true date value. For future reference, a date field is actually a serial number which represents the number of days since day zero (which date that is, I don't remember). Bill > I am attempting to append a file on the 400 with an Excel spreadsheet. > I am uploading ISO date string into an LDATE field. > I am receiving the error "SQL0180: Syntax of date, time,or timestamp value not valid". > > The strings looks like this. "2002-01-01 "

I am attempting to append a file on the 400 with an Excel spreadsheet. I am uploading ISO date string into an LDATE field. I am receiving the error "SQL0180: Syntax of date, time,or timestamp value not valid". The strings looks like this. "2002-01-01 " What could be the problem?

Comment

Well i implemented the date() function and the date looks good from the vba ide debugger but the 400 is still complaining. I might find another way of doing this.

Comment

I would think that you couldn't see the 400's translation of the Date() function from the debugger. You are running the date() as part of the SQL statement, right? "Bill" wrote in message news:3d276bbf.1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Well i implemented the date() function and the date looks good from the vba ide debugger but the 400 is still complaining. I might find another way of doing this.

Comment

Working...
        X