• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying to clipboard from VB

Yep, it is very easy to do in VB. See the code below:
    Code

Copying to clipboard from VB

Thanks Mark, That was very simple. Now can you tell me how to send an ENTER along with the clipboard text, so that when the text is pasted as a parm it is followed by automatic ENTER key? Thanks, JoAnn

Comment

JoAnn, Let me see if I understand correctly. When you paste the number from the clipboard to a 5250 screen, you want it to also activate the ENTER key? I'm not sure if you can do that by just pasting the clipboard text. The solution that first comes to mind for this type of application is a data queue. Your vb program could write the number to a data queue that is attached to your AS/400 display file. Maybe someone else can think of an easier solution. Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark, What I have in mind is somehow appending a Virtual key, VK_RETURN or the hexadecimal value of the ENTER key X'0D', which hopefully would execute ENTER when the contents of the clipboard is pasted to the green screen???? I have no idea how to do this or even if it can be done. But the data queue is more bit more difficult than I care to tackle. JoAnn

Comment

To modify Mark's code from above:
          Code

Comment

Has anyone ever copied data from a VB program to the Windows clipboard? Is this possible? I would like to copy an incoming CallerID phone number to the Windows clipboard so the user could then paste it on a PC5250 green screen as a parameter to an RPG phone # lookup pgm.

Comment

Code

Comment

Working...
              X