Export Crystal Report to EXCEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Crystal Report to EXCEL

I have not done this from within VB. Generally I just choose CR menu options to export to Excel. If these key-clicks can be trapped in a macro, you should be able to incorporate that into your VB program. Dave

I have a VB6.0 code that generate the crystal reports and have added a button to export to excel, the exact code is written below. This will automatically save to file. I want the user to choose file and filename how I am going to do it in VB6.0. Can somebody has done this before. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Sky ==== VB Code ======= Private Sub Command1_Click() CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = "C:mydocsSalesReport.xls" CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.DestinationType = 1 CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.ExcelTabHasColumnHead ings = True CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.FormatType = 29 CrystalReport1.Export False End Sub

Comment

We were doing it on CR Menu right now but I want the users to do it but they are not trained and sometimes they can accidentally change the reports. I want to create a menu in VB6.0 and compile the report and have it run there. Sky

Comment

When you say the user is to choose a file, do you mean it already exists and you want them to pick it from a list of files? If so, investigate the DriveListBox, DirListBox and FileListBox controls. If you want to just throw a box up for the user to fully type the folder and file name, then investigate the InputBox statement. Bill skywalker wrote: > I have a VB6.0 code that generate the crystal reports and have added > a button to export to excel, the exact code is written below. This > will automatically save to file. I want the user to choose file and > filename how I am going to do it in VB6.0. Can somebody has done this > before. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Sky ==== VB Code > ======= Private Sub Command1_Click() > CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = > "C:mydocsSalesReport.xls" > CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.DestinationType = 1 > CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.ExcelTabHasColumnHead ings = True > CrystalReport1.ExportOptions.FormatType = 29 CrystalReport1.Export > False End Sub

Comment

Working...
        X