Set Library list from VB client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Library list from VB client

I have tried 2 ways and both worked well 1) You can write a CL that makes the addlible . You call the CL and then you call thew program by using the same ado connection 2) The most efficient way though is the following There is a property in an as400 user profile (I think job description or something like that) where you can put the libraries that the user needs when signs on to the as400 (ask your admin). Then you use this user in ado connection

Thanks I can use the CL program to set lib list.(User profile can not be changed). It works well, and I also use the CL program to create store procedure so that I can use other store procedures which will access DB files.

Comment

I have Visual Studio 6 installed on my PC, wrote and compiled an ADO program and save it on the server and run the .exe on my PC, dont have any problems. Went to run the same program on the same server with different users PC, program fails. "Run time error 339. Component 'MSDATGRD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correcly registered: a file is missing or invalid." I am fairly new to VB and wanted to share the program to different users who have access to the server. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

I'd like to call storprocedure or program from vb client by using oledb, the problem I got is that I need set the library list so that the 400 program knows where to find the database file. I run the command "addlible" from the ado connection, but the lib is added to job QZRCSRVS. It should be added in job QZDASOINIT. Does anyone have the example to share, how can I do this?

Comment

Any program you write in VB that uses an OCX or DLL needs to be installed on the computer you are going to use it on. You can't simply copy files to it. Create an install (there is a start menu option for Application Setup Wizzard), then use the setup.exe program from that install on another computer to install your program. This will put all the dependant files down and register all OLE servers.

Comment

Working...
          X