examples of calling a VBA macro from iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• examples of calling a VBA macro from iSeries

Hi Diane, Search this site and IBM's for information on Run Remote Command (runrmtcmd), which is an OS/400 command that works with Client Access to allow calls to PC programs. On the PC side, investigate the "START" command, which is part of Windows and can be used with the "/wait" parameter, which is useful if you need to wait for the PC job to finish before you continue on the OS/400 side. HTH, Brian

Or better yet....use my FREE AS/400 to PC Command Server application which you can download at: http://www.snap-ebooks.com/AS400Utilities.htm You can VERY EASILY interface your Green-Screen apps to any PC command/application. HTH

Comment

Brian, I am familiar with the runrmtcmd--I have a separate CL program that executes MSWORD using the runrmtcmd. The difference is that MSWORD is an executable program, whereas the macro that I want to run is not executable. I guess I can consider opening MSWORD from the runrmtcmd and then have my macro run when MSWORD executes??

Comment

Shannon, Thanks for the tip, I'll be checking out your utilities. Diane

Comment

The macro is in a document, right? IIRC, you should be able to "execute" the document by passing it straight to the command line, complete with extension. If you have an AutoOpen macro in the document, it will run automatically when the document is loaded (with the proper security settings). You might also try the AUTOEXEC macro. hth, Brian

Comment

I need to find a way to call a vba macro from a rpg program that is running in batch. I'm not sure how to start with this, examples or suggestions are appreciated. Diane

Comment

By the way...look on that same page where the PC Command Server utility is and you'll also see a tip there for how to execute ANY PC file using it's associated application. For your VBA Macro, if you place that macro in a *.DOT file (Word Template) then you can cause it to autoexecute by using the RUNDLL32.exe program (see the tip for details on how to use RUNDLL32.exe).

Comment

Working...
              X