Add Data Queue record from Vb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Data Queue record from Vb

Take a look at this : http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...t/dqrmtcm2.htm I downloaded this a while back and seem to recall that it worked. HTH, Joe

Joe, What a brilliant example. It worked straight away... except that when we view a dataq entry on the 400 thru DSPDTAQ, we get non-English characters displayed. I'm not sure whether this is an ASCii to EBCDIC conversion problem or something to do with CCSID (which i never understood anyway!) but just wondered if you had the same issue? Thanks again, Neil.

Comment

We are trying to write to a Data Queue from Vb via the CA OLE/DB provider. We've followed the redbook and help file examples, but can't manage to add anything into the Queue. (We are able to read from a queue, so don't believe connectivity or authority is an issue.) Firstly, we believe we have connected to the Dataq, but how do we tell - should there be an object lock on it? Second, Vb gives the following error when we try to "Addnew". "Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal". Does anyone have any ideas please?

Comment

Hmm. I get the same results as you. I will investigate a little and let you know if I come up with anything. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X