QZDASOINIT not releasing after VB program shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QZDASOINIT not releasing after VB program shut down

Glenn, Are you using Prefetch? There have been some reported problems with that. If you are, try eliminating that as a possible cause. I connect to the iSeries with VB regularly and never experience the problem that you are having, so I would suggest that rather than changing the IPL, try to get the server job to behave correctly. Good Luck and take care, Kevin

I didn't write the VB app. I but when I asked the VB programmer she didn't know what a Prefetch is. We are relatively inexperienced in this area. I program on the iSeries and she usually writes simple VB apps.

Comment

We have a VB application that monitors some interfaces on the iSeries. The function runs in the back ground on the PC and pops up a window when it finds a problem. The problem is when the PC is shut down or the function is terminated the QZDASOINIT job is still up and running for the VB instance (the job still shows the userid). When the program is restarted another instance of QZDASOINIT is used. This morning with some testing I had 8 jobs all linked to the same PC for this application. The number of jobs equated to the number of times the program was started on the PC. How do we force the iSeries to terminate the link (as it automatically does with File transfer)? This is causing a problem when we IPL weekly and causing an Abnomal IPL.

Comment

Glenn, Are you using an ODBC driver for this connection? If so, use the ODBC Admin tool within client access to configure the ODBC connection. Under the performance Tab, is Lazy close selected? If so, turn that off. Is prefetch selected? If so, turn that off. I do typically use prefetch without any problem. But the error you are getting has been associated with pretech in some situations, so consider turning it off to see if it helps. Also, make sure that you have the latest PTFs on the iSeries, and the latests service pack for client access. You might even consider uninstalling and reinstalling the ODBC drivers to make sure they are correct. Good luck! Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X