Problem using IBMDA400 to do RLA in Excel VBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem using IBMDA400 to do RLA in Excel VBA

Richard Rothe wrote: > I am getting an error CWBZZ5008 Security error occured when attemting > to connect to system MYAS400. Richard, I did a Google.com search on that error message. There's only one hit for webpages and it points to user signon problems. There's also only one hit when searching the Groups for that string but there are replies from IBM guys with good suggestions, I suggest you follow the thread. Bill

It looks like your passing a blank user name and password. Is it prompting or a user name when it attempts the connection?

Comment

I already have Client Access started with a 5250 session. I assume that is why there is no prompt for userid/pwd. As I indicated in the original post, I have a QZDASOINIT job so I can see that I have a connection. The error occurs on the rs.Open. I am getting a new error now. CWBZZ5023 The provider does not support non-integrated indexes. Progress ? Maybe. But, I cannot find much info for this error. I have seen in other forums that some are doing RLA successfully. CA Express is at V5R1M0 Service Level SI08389 and MDAC is 2.8. One side note....I have seen where the port for the DDM server should be 446. Mine is 447 and DRDA is 446.

Comment

I am getting an error CWBZZ5008 Security error occured when attemting to connect to system MYAS400. I have set breakpoints and stepped thru the code. This is occuring on the rs.Open. I have a QZDASOINIT job so I can see that I have a connection. I have MDAC 2.8 and Client Access V5R1M0 is at the current service pack.
        Code

Comment

Richard, The iSeries automatically uses available indexes as needed. I have never used the rs.index method when I connect to the iSeries. Perhaps that is where the problem lies. Try commenting out that line and see what happens. Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X