Mail Merge in Visual Basic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Merge in Visual Basic

Check the odbc driver first. You need to have a connection to the new box along with a valid user id and pass word. If that doesn't resolve the issue, show me the code and I will try to help. Take care, Kevin

Hi, I have already set the connection string in VB and when try to execute the VB application on different box(xp), it's looking for an data source even though i created on fly the connection. I had before DNS then I would like the executable run from any pc, I change the connection string to SQL Provider connection string. I also added the references too.

Comment

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Creating a connection on the fly in VB DIM CON as New ADODB Connection... does not replace defining an ODBC driver. You still need that ODBC connection to the iSeries and the ADODB connection refers to the ODBC connection. (at least that is how I understand it to work) Kevin

Comment

Hi, I have already set the connection string in VB and when try to execute the VB application on different box(xp), it's looking for an data source even though i created on fly the connection. I had before DNS then I would like the executable run from any pc, I change the connection string to SQL Provider connection string. I also added the references too.

Comment

Hi, I have created a word mail merge writing Visual Basic but when i try to run the excutable file onto my other test box, it gives me an error message about data source. can someone help me how do i fix that?

Comment

.OpenDataSource Name:="", _ Connection:="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=c1b435;Intial Catalog=pubs;uid=sa;pwd=;", _ SQLStatement:="Select * from authours" _ SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeWord2000 This is what I included in my code. Before I used the DSN but instead i would like to create the above connection and connect my db.

Comment

puja wrote: > .OpenDataSource Name:="", _ > Connection:="Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security > Info=False;Data Source=c1b435;Intial > Catalog=pubs;uid=sa;pwd=;", _ SQLStatement:="Select * from > authours" _ SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeWord2000 > > This is what I included in my code. Have you installed the iSeries Access ODBC drivers onto this PC? Bill

Comment

Working...
              X