Another AddNew returns multi-step OLE DB operation generated errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another AddNew returns multi-step OLE DB operation generated errors

tgmayes wrote: > I am having the same problem, with a twist. I am able to add a new > record if I only populate the first 4 fields of my file. If I try to > populate past those fields, I receive the multistep ole error. It is > driving me nuts. The fifth field is signed. I thought it might have > been a problem, so I took it out of the flds and vals arrays that do > the add. Still the same error message. I am checking each of the > character fields to make sure they are the proper length. It is the > same code as can be found in the client access programmers toolkit. I > guess my question are "Do you have to include all the fields in order > when you try to add a record?" and "If so, has anyone updated a > signed field using the IBMDA400 connection?" I can't see the message to which you are referring to. Why not start somewhat anew and show your statements? Bill

My code is attached below
    Code

Comment

I actually have all the fields updating now, except the signed data field and the packed fields. Any suggestions?

Comment

It looks like the code loads the values with Nulls under certain conditions. If you haven't defined the Data Base fields as null capable than maybe that's your problem. See below: Mike
        Code

Comment

I'll try that and will let you know. Thanks Again Tammy

Comment

I tried it and it didn't work. I took out the loop with the null and enabled the database to accept null. Still no Luck. Tammy

Comment

I don't have VB on this machine, so I hope I get the syntax right... Does it work if you do the AddNew, assign the fields individually and then to Update ? If nothing else, maybe you'll get a different error that you can debug. And you're absolutely sure that the field names are correct? You may want to double-check in debug. In the debug window do: ? rs(0).Name and increment the index to work through all the field names in the collection. Then try rs.AddNew rs(0).Value = strTSuite rs(1).Value = strTItem . . . rs(20).Value = "newgens" rs.Update And see if the results are the same.

Comment

I am having the same problem, with a twist. I am able to add a new record if I only populate the first 4 fields of my file. If I try to populate past those fields, I receive the multistep ole error. It is driving me nuts. The fifth field is signed. I thought it might have been a problem, so I took it out of the flds and vals arrays that do the add. Still the same error message. I am checking each of the character fields to make sure they are the proper length. It is the same code as can be found in the client access programmers toolkit. I guess my question are "Do you have to include all the fields in order when you try to add a record?" and "If so, has anyone updated a signed field using the IBMDA400 connection?"

Comment

Nope this didn't work either, The IBM driver requires the other format - passing the array. Thanks anyway, Tammy

Comment

Working...
                  X