No announcement yet.

Creating Stored Procedures using Express Toolkit V's those created via STRSQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Stored Procedures using Express Toolkit V's those created via STRSQL

You may need to switch the lib.file or lib.proc syntax to lib/file and lib/proc. If that doesn't help, can you show us a sample? Thanks, Kevin

Thanks Kevin Happy Christams, that has helped a wee bit and what you have suggested seems to be the problem, but how do I go about solving it ? '' Set cm_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.ActiveConnection = cnS4454B2A cm_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.CommandText = "{CALL DEVSEAN/MA7710C}" ''''''''cm_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.CommandText = "{CALL DEVSEAN.MA7710C}" ''' I REPLACED the . with /''''''''' cm_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.Prepared = True Set rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.Source = cm_DEVSEAN_MA7710C rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.CursorType = adOpenForwardOnly rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.CursorLocation = adUseServer rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.LockType = adLockReadOnly '''''This is where I call the program it bombs out on 2 second line. Set Links = Form1.Links Links.rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C.Open , , , , adCmdText Links.LoadListViewHdgs ListView1, Links.rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C Links.LoadListView ListView1, Links.rs_DEVSEAN_MA7710C I'm now getting SQL5015 Qualified object name MA7710C not valid. So it must be the way I'm creating the storedprocedures using STRSQL Can you advise I think we are nearly there Many thanks again Kevin Sean

Comment

I've created 18 Stored procedures using Vb + Express Toolkit. They work fine. I wish then to install the stored Procedures into another Library, along with the objects etc, so I created an SQLRPG pgm that will create the stored procedures for me, it does this and they look fine (checking their properties vis Ops Navigator) However when I go to run the VB project and attempt to use the stored procedures in the new library they fail, indicating that a function or procedure with the specified name and compatible arguments were not found. It's not a rights issue as far as I can see, the objects are in the new library and I recompiled them. Can someone tell me what's the difference between creating a stored procedure via VB + Express toolkit and using STRSQL. As the stored procedure will then work in the new library if I use VB + Express toolkit to create it. Many thanks in advance below I include my stored procedure pgm to create the stored procedures. Sean

Comment

"{CALL DEVSEAN.LIB/MA7710C.PGM}" I am guessing that you are using the OLE DB provider rather than the ODBC provider, this may resolve the problem. Also pay attention to whether or not the program receives parameters.

Comment

Working...
        X