iSeries Access ODBC Driver with unicode data problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access ODBC Driver with unicode data problem

CharlesWong wrote: > I'm writing a VBScript to get data from the iSeries machine, which > runs on V5R3. The PF contains some unicode data. The CCSID of the > file level is 37. Some of the fields are defined as CCSID 13488. > > Below is the VBscript connection string: > strCnn = "Driver=iSeries Access ODBC Driver; " & _ > "System=xx.xx.xx.xx; " & _ > "Uid=" & strUser & ";" & _ > "CCSID=1200;" & _ > "GRAPHIC=1;" & _ > "Signon=3;" > It connects to the machine successfully. But when this statment: > Set strRst = conType.Execute(sqlStr) is run, there is an error: > Run-time error 80004005 > [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver] [DB2 UDB] > > Does this problem relate to the connection string? Can't really say. There's not enough information from the error message to make any determination. I am curious as to why you specify a CCSID of 1200 when the files are 37. Bill

iSeries Access ODBC Driver with unicode data problem

Hi, I'm writing a VBScript to get data from the iSeries machine, which runs on V5R3. The PF contains some unicode data. The CCSID of the file level is 37. Some of the fields are defined as CCSID 13488. Below is the VBscript connection string: strCnn = "Driver=iSeries Access ODBC Driver; " & _ "System=xx.xx.xx.xx; " & _ "Uid=" & strUser & ";" & _ "CCSID=1200;" & _ "GRAPHIC=1;" & _ "Signon=3;" It connects to the machine successfully. But when this statment: Set strRst = conType.Execute(sqlStr) is run, there is an error: Run-time error 80004005 [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver] [DB2 UDB] Does this problem relate to the connection string?

Comment

Working...
    X