Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Spice Up Your Web Pages

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Spice Up Your Web Pages **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Spice Up Your Web Pages **

TechTip: Spice Up Your Web Pages

I followed the instructions. It works except the message frame does not get updated with the number of entries found. Is anyone else having this problem ?? If not do you have any guesses what I did wrong ?

Comment

Hi Michael, In the FORM008H - please check that you have the following at the end of the member: (see the code box) Because that is the piece of code which should send back the number of entries found, position the cursor in the title field and select the data inside of it. If you do have it try adding this alert('Hi'); just before parent.msgframe.document.getElementById("message").value = This should give you an alert box with the word Hi - everytime you click the Search button. Please let me know the outcome Best regards - Jan
      Code

Comment

My Form008H did have those lines. I added the alert any ways. The alert did NOT appear. After I have clicked the Search button, I displayed the source of FORM008H and the lines are there and %%complete%% has been replaced with the correct number of entries. Maybe it has something to do with "cross-framing" that you mentioned.

Comment

Michael, Just in case... Is the RPG-CGI program running on the same server as the index.htm file? Because if you run the index.htm locally from your pc and call the CGI program on your i5 server the RPG-CGI program are not alllowed to write anything to the msgframe - if that is the case upload the *.htm files to the same server as the CGI program. Also check lower left corner and there will be as small yellow icon if you double click it you see the message. Hope this helps - Jan

Comment

First, I am sorry -- the Alert did work !! The error I am getting is 85 - Access denied. This is on the line after the Alert I added. Any other ideas ??

Comment

Michael, Are you running the index.htm on the same server (must be same address and port) as the cgi program? - Jan

Comment

That was the problem !! I was running 'INDEX' by just clicking on it. When I ran it on my CGI server it works. Thanks for you patience.

Comment

Michael, Just great - well done... - Jan

Comment

Working...
                  X