TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries…NOW! Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries…NOW! Part III

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries...NOW! Part III **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries...NOW! Part III0

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries...NOW! Part III **
    Thanks for the simple example. This is going to be a great starting point, if I can get it to work. ;-) I've downloaded the example code and attempted to run. As I've stepped through the code with Zend Studio, I get this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function i5_connect() in ../i5Toolkit_Library/Toolkit_classes.php on line 57 Any thoughts? Matt

Comment

Matt, It sounds like there may be a problem with the PHP installation on the iSeries. Use GO LICPGM and option 10 - Display installed licensed programs. Scroll down the list until you find the entry shown below. 1ZCORE5 *INSTALLED Zend Core for IBM i5/OS (2.0.1) You need to have at least version (2.0.1). You can also find the Zend Core version by using the phpinfo.php script from Part I of this article series. Let me know what you find. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Jeff, That was it! I had the previous version installed. Unfortunately, when I installed the newer version, I didn't remove the original version's folders in the IFS. Since they were lingering, I was getting the errors. I removed the licensed program again, removed all traces of the folders in the IFS and reinstalled. Everything worked great! Thanks again. Matt

Comment

Matt, I like the easy problems. ;-) Good luck. Jeff

Comment

I have received several requests for a clean version of the source code from "TechTip: Start Using PHP on the iSeries...Now" dated 8-10-2007. So here it is. Also, some of the other posts have made mention of using HTML template files. A good utility to assist with this is the Smarty Template Engine Jeff Olen Olen Business Consulting, Inc. email: jmo@olen-inc.com phone: 760.703.5149 web: www.olen-inc.com[file name=6b50a3fc_table_list.php size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b50a3fc_table_list.php[/file]

Comment

This article was really great. We need more practical working code examples out there. My shop tends to use lots of stored procedures. You can even call RPG programs inside of them and create files that can be used by the calling program. I have an example of that working with the 'DB2_' APIs. Can a stored procedure be called using the 'i5_' APIs? James Thomas
              Code

Comment

Working...
              X