TechTip: Talk to the Internet with cURL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Talk to the Internet with cURL

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Talk to the Internet with cURL **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Talk to the Internet with cURL0

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Talk to the Internet with cURL **
    If this article about cURL provoked any questions or ideas, please post them here. We'd like to hear them. Alan Seiden

Comment

I am continuing to learn about open source an AIX on the AS400. I have installed the PASE environment, but have not done anything with it. Your article was very straigtforward and is the first useful thing I've done with PASE. Of course, it took me a while to figure out the difference between "/" and "". Once I got past that, I was able to duplicate the tasks in the article. This is the first time I've been able to do that. Thanks. ---Dale

Comment

Just like the other poster here, this is my first use of PASE - thanks for the article. Unfortunately, though I am able to access intranet sites via curl, I get only "(6) Couldn't resolve host" when I try to access an external site. This is no doubt due to the company firewall. Any ideas on how to poke thru the firewall with this command? Thanks.

Comment

Let's test your i5's internet connection. From an i5/OS command line, run this command: ping www.google.com Let us know what appears in the status line (line 24). --Alan Seiden

Comment

There are a number of tools that offer more or less the same functionality. One method I sometimes use is Python's urllib. For casual use, you can even invoke the URL retrieval methods from a Python command line, for example, urllib.urlretrieve('http://www.google.com/','mylib/google.html'). (For those who didn't know, there is a native Python port for the iSeries.) Cheers! Hans

Comment

Article was very helpful. Does anyone know where one can download a binary version of curl with SSL for the iSeries?

Comment

Working...
              X