Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP, the Everywhere Web Language

** This thread discusses the article: PHP, the Everywhere Web Language **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: PHP, the Everywhere Web Language **

PHP, the Everywhere Web Language

Readers are invited to share thoughts or questions about PHP. What was useful in the article? What would you like to see in any future articles? Alan Seiden

Comment

Hi Alan, Thanks for the very timely article (for me anyway). I'm in a project developing using WAMP and am learning PHP as I go along. I'm just getting started, so, any future articles would be appreciated. I know HTML, C++, VB, SQL, so the learning has gone pretty quickly. I had a heck of a time installing and getting Apache, MySQl, and PHP to work together. I ended up downloading WAMP5 from http://www.wampserver.com. It packages the AMP components and puts them together nicely. It's allowed me to get learning PHP and MySQL more quickly. It's nice to see the ODBC code for iSeries. What I'm learning on the WAMP project will be usable for my iSeries clients. The links you provided are great, too. It will save me countless hours Googleing (is that a word?) trying to find good information sources. Thanks again. Tom.

Comment

Tom, I'm glad the article came at the right time for you. A package such as WAMP is a good learning tool. Most of your PHP code could be reused on i5. The "AMP" package I use, similar to WAMP, is XAMPP. http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html Thanks for writing. Alan

Comment

Working...
        X