Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby on Rails in 2,057 Words

** This thread discusses the article: Ruby on Rails in 2,057 Words **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Ruby on Rails in 2,057 Words **

Ruby on Rails in 2,057 Words

I looked at Ruby and Ruby on Rails a while back and stopped considering it because it is not supported (no Ruby compiler/interpreter) on System i / iSeries. The author of this article advocating Ruby on Rails is an IBM System i software development engineer ... is this a hint that Ruby is coming to System i?

Comment

I've played with it a while back and was pleasantly surprised (ie downloaded the framework and got a simple CRUD app going). You mention that RoR will work with DB2 and run on Linux. Are there any obstacles preventing anyone from running it on a Linux partition on the i5/System i/iSeries/AS/400? If IBM could get this running native on the that would be thebomb.com. If anyone knows of any good tutorials for RoR please let me know.

Comment

Does anybody know what's up with this site?

Comment

That's odd...right after you posted this message, I checked it out and it worked fine. I tried again this morning and it wasn't available. Its availability looks a little sporadic...I guess they're not running a System i for their Web server. ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X