TechTip: Automatically Refresh Web Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Automatically Refresh Web Pages

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Automatically Refresh Web Pages **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Automatically Refresh Web Pages **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Automatically Refresh Web Pages **
    Hi Mr Jan I'm having problem with the setup page. It shows hash (#) value to be cent (¢) value. And the 'Error on page' shows "Invalid property value". Anything I must change on my PC side? The refresh page works great. Thanks..

Comment

Hi Araman, Just a quick guess - try to change the CCSID on the WWWSETUP file to *HEX (65535) - if it does not work let me know and I'll dig more into it... Best regards - Jan

Comment

Hi Mr Jan Are you saying to do CHGPF FILE(CGIDATA/WWWSETUP) CCSID(*HEX)? Err.. done that. Doesn't work.. Thanks.. Rgds Araman.

Comment

Could you please try loading the file in DFU or something like it and manually change the cent sign to # and let me know the outcome? Sorry about all the trouble... - Jan

Comment

Hi Araman, I thought I showed you how to check the various CCSID values and the hex values in your file? Plus the entire source code is provided, if you compile them yourself whatever CCSID values you have going there will be applied. If there is a problem it will be with the web server translation as we determined before in the STRCGISQL episode, I believe. Hope you don't have to do the same code modification again. rd

Comment

Err.. you're right.. The data is in cent.. I've changed it using DFU and it shows #. Another problem though.. The fcp302.html doesn't popped up. I got error on my status bar, it just said object expected. Couldn't find any message in the Sun Java Console. I'm still working on it.. Thanks.. Araman

Comment

I guess I'm a slow learner.. I'll try to refer back on your replies. Thanks for reminding me.. You've been a real help.. Araman

Comment

Hi Araman, Glad you got the cent/# to work I do not know how you installed the program - but if you did NOT install it like /mcpressonline/autorefresh you must go into the /mcpressonline/autorefresh/javascript dir and locate javascript 302pop.js and find the line which refer to fcp302.html - in front of that is the path to the file and that should match how you installed the tool. Please let me know if that is the case? Best regards - Jan

Comment

And there's so much to learn. But you're ahead of me in trying all this stuff out. rd

Comment

Hi Mr Daugherty... I find excitement and sense of achievement by trying all these stuff. It sparks many ideas and open all the possibilities for system development.. I would try to find time to try all the stuff that come to my interest. I would stayed back after work to do it even if its not for overtime just for the fun of trying. In fact, that what I've been doing for the past few years. Who knows, a little extra time spend can save a lot in the future. Thanks to all the guru's (including you) who keeps the juices flowing. Araman. Sime Solution Centre Sdn Bhd

Comment

I took a look at your screen shot, Araman, and like you say, it was a nifty piece of work from Jan. Nice looking web page, and a lot of functionality in that code. I've got to hustle to keep up with you guys. rd

Comment

Working...
                        X