Copy Spool File & Print From Windows Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Spool File & Print From Windows Application

There's an article on this web site that includes a utility to do this...Here's the link: http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@17...ae.1@.214a2b79 This utility will allow you to send a report as an e-mail attachment in text format or RTF format, which is compatible with Microsoft Word. There's also an updated version of this application that allows you to also send in HTML format include with the Book "The iSeries & AS/400 Programmer's Guide to Cool Things" from MC Press (http://www.mc-store.com/isasprogguid.htm) Mike Faust mikeffaust@yahoo.com

I am trying to copy a spool file to my PC and then print using a Windows Application. I have tried using Notepad, Wordpad, and Word but have not had success retaining the font & page breaks that are printed when I print from the 400. This reults in the page headings printing at various places on the pages printed and word wrap to occur if the spool file was printed with small font. We override some of our print files and use several variations for CPI, Page Width, etc. Is there a method that can be used when copying the spool file to a PC that will preserve the page breaks, font, etc. when printing from a Windows Application? Any other suggestions?

Comment

The utility does not seem to work correctly if I have a spool file greater than a certain number of pages - I haven't determined the exact number that causes the errors. I run a report that produces a 3 page Spool File and then use the utility to send the report without any problem. I run the same report with selection criteria that produces a 25 page Spool File and then use the utility to send the report and the utility does not work. Even though I select an RTF format, the attachment comes across as a TXT file. The lines in the file are unreadable. The RTF file created in the folder is readable if I open it using Word. There appears to be a problem with the SNDDST command or the distribution services setup. Any ideas?

ATT03255.TXT

Comment

Working...
      X