objects secured by authorization list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• objects secured by authorization list

We have objects in one of our libraries that are being automatically secured by an authorization list whenever we compile a program, create a file, etc. From what I have been reading, this is accomplished by keying in an authorization list in the CRTAUT parameter of the CRTLIB command. However, when I look at this parm (via DSPLIB or DSPLIBD) on our system the value in there says *SYSVAL, and looking at the QCRTAUT sysval says *CHANGE. I was expecting an authorization list of *NONE with this kind of setup and PUBLIC being given *CHANGE authority. Does anybody know of another way that may have been done on our system that automatically assigns authorization list to objects without using the CRTAUT parm on the CRTLIB command? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.

objects secured by authorization list

Nick, I would check your library list for the CRTLIB command. Do a WRKOBJ *LIBL/CRTLIB *CMD to verify you are using the system supplied CRTLIB command. Could be that there is another CRTLIB command that is being run that has the CRTAUT parameter hardcoded to be the authorization list name you are seeing. Could also be that the CRTLIB command has had it's command default value changed from what is shipped with the system. WHat I'd do is ewnter a CHGLOG LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES) command. Then create a dummy library you can delete. After the command runs, look at your joblog to see what was called. That may tell you what is going on. One last trick would be to create a CL program with the CRTLIB command in it. RUn the program in debug mode and see what happens. We have change management software installed where I work. When we create objects using that, it automatically sets the authority level, so that may be another avenue to look at, except that normally the library does not get created by change management. Hope this helps! Doug

Comment

Working...
    X