SCP (Secure Copy Protocol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCP (Secure Copy Protocol)

The answer to your question is yes and no. Yes it can. No it can not in the native environment. Now what this means is that is can using the following: IBM Licensed Program called 5733-SC1 IBM Portable Utilities for i5/OS. Since you did not mention the version of OS/400 you are on this only works for V5R3 (and above). This runs under the PASE environment (i.e. AIX). This program product is FREE, but you can not download it. You must contact your rep or VAR to order it for you. Here a link from IBM. IBM Portable Utilities I hope this helps.

Our HIPPA Security person wants to know if the iSeries supports SCP (Secure Copy Protocol). He wants to do away with straight FTP. I have never heard of SCP before so I don't know what it is or if it works like FTP. Does anybody know if 1) it is supported and 2) if it is how to use it?

Comment

Take a look at Patrick Townsend Associates ftpManager. They offer ftp with pgp encryption that works with V5R2, and I believe that they also support scp. There are also alot of tools that allow you to encrypt to IFS, or to create Self Decrypting Archives, where you encrypt a file, and give it a password. When you send that file to an external source, you just privately give them the password. The executable that does the decryption is included with the file that you sent. Thanks - Gary

Comment

You may also want to check out GoAnywhere Director from Linoma Software at www.GoAnywhereMFT.com . It supports Open PGP encryption, as well as the secure FTP protocols of SCP, SFTP and FTPS. There are a lot of advanced features in GoAnywhere Director including key management, auto-resume, audit logging for compliance, etc. All transfers and encryption processes in GoAnywhere Director can be run either through the GoAnywhere scheduler or from your CL and RPG programs. A free trial is available on Linoma's web site.

Comment

Working...
        X