Data Transfer from and to iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Transfer from and to iSeries

You can do this when installing iseries access. Simply do not include the file transfer portion. I find that so many shops blindly use the default when installing iseries access. The default install is somewhere in between minimal and full. You should investigate the options. Dave

Thanks David....always interested in your postings. I want to give specific accounts permission to download but not upload. Can I control this by removing RFROMPCB (via Application Administration Capabilities)? Or...Application Adm. has settings for download from server and upload to server. To satisfy restricting the uploads, would I simply unmark the Upload to server setting? Thanks so much for always providing so much information to us in the forums.

Comment

Go into iSeries Navigator, right-click on the server and pick "Applicaiton Administration" from the menu. Look at the "Client Application" tab.

Comment

Thanks Scott....I was in the process of denying access to users when I received your reply. At least now I'm confident in the path I'm taking. Our PC Tech's build these systems and I wasn't aware this access was being loaded on the systems. I guess finding out later than never is a good thing. Just going to take me a little time to get the access settings changed.

Comment

We have users that user Data Transfer to the iSeries. Is there any method I can use to block anyone from using the Data Transfer to the iSeries?

Comment

Beware of ODBC. You should write an Exit program. If you want the code, send me your email address.

Comment

Working...
            X