Passing Application Signon to iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Application Signon to iSeries

Have you asked LANSA Support this question?

Hi Glen, My recommendation is that you send the request directly to LANSA support. They will be able to answer your question. Other avenues are the LANSA Knowledge Base within the LANSA customer support portal, or try posting your question to the LANSA Yahoo Group. I work for LANSA, so if you can’t find what you are looking for contact me directly.

Comment

I have a situation where we are using the Lansa product to build our system. The bulk of the screens/forms will run on the Windows Client. For the most part a generic network signon will be used for different areas of the company. The individual will signon to the application. What we want to do is to 1) find out where lansa may store this sign on & password and 2) using what ever APIs are out there to pass this to a Lansa "trigger" program. Those of you that don't know Lansa, they produce a case tool that you write 4GL code that is translated into 3GL code (either RPG or C++ depending on server or client). I was wondering if it might just be easier to execute the sign on API to the iSeries at the same time as the user signs on to the application. Shouldn't any retrieval of the user name (on the iSeries side) result in the logged on name?

Comment

My boss said he already has asked Lansa and they don't have an anwer. I figured I'd take a shot here. See if there are any tricks others have used to have application security on a client/server application without having iSeries profiles. The key is that a log is created of database changes. We want the actual user from the application to show as the user who updated it. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X