System operator security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System operator security

hudson wrote: > We have a system operator that has two sign on's . One when she is > in the computer room and one when she works in another department. > I would like to prevent her from using the computer room's user id > outside of the computer room. Is they a way to isolate a user id > to the QCTL subsystem? Right now I have that user id set for Limit > Device Session as *YES but if she logs off from the console she could > then log in from an insecure area. I was going to suggest the following: 1) First CHGUSRPRF user INLPGM(somepgm) 2) In this initial program, determine which subsystem the job is running in. If it's not QCTL, issue a message and sign off. I thought the RTVJOBA command would tell you which subsystem the job was running in, but it doesn't. If you happen to have the TAATOOLS, the command RTVJOBA2A would tell you. In a nutshell, in this initial program, you need to determine the subsystem and act on it. -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

System operator security

We have a system operator that has two sign on's . One when she is in the computer room and one when she works in another department. I would like to prevent her from using the computer room's user id outside of the computer room. Is they a way to isolate a user id to the QCTL subsystem? Right now I have that user id set for Limit Device Session as *YES but if she logs off from the console she could then log in from an insecure area.

Comment

Working...
    X