Authorization list and the IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorization list and the IFS

You might be out of luck. I don't think the IFS supports adopted authority. I may be wrong but I kind of remember reading this somewhere.

Pat, I am not sure if I am clear, but make sure the CL program (that adds to the auth. list) is compiled with the parm USRPRF(*OWNER). Also make sure the owner of the CL program has the proper authority to change the auth. list. One other thing, how are the users getting to the IFS? Is it a share? or a Web page? If so, there are some other options. Let us know...

Comment

You are not wrong. Adopted authority is not honored by the IFS. If found this on one of my books on i5/OS security from Carol Woodbury.

Comment

I am trying to secure documents in the IFS. I have created an authorization list for the folder and subfolders. I have given *AUTLMGT to the user profile that owns all our programs and the folders in the IFS. I am trying to use adopted authority to allow maintenance on the documents in the folders. What I am attempting is to have the controlling program add the current to the authorization list when it is first started, allow the user to maintain the documents in the IFS and then remove the user from the authorization list when exiting the program. *PUBLIC has *USE access to the folders at all times. This does not work - the controlling program (CLLE which calls a procedure) will not add a user to the authorization list. What am I missing? I appreciate the help. Pat

Comment

Thanks for the input. I knew that adopted authority could not be used in the IFS which is why I was trying to use an authorization list. I changed the owner of the program to the user that has the authorization list management and everything worked fine. I appreciate the help - it works perfectly. Pat

Comment

Working...
          X