Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam, Spam, Spam, Email, and Spam

** This thread discusses the article: Spam, Spam, Spam, Email, and Spam **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Spam, Spam, Spam, Email, and Spam **

Spam, Spam, Spam, Email, and Spam

To whom it may concern: I agree with this article and we need to be speaking up to our govternment. For those of us who use the computer in a positive way, spam email is not only aggravating but time consuming. In a world where there is "no time" for anything else, who has time to kill deleting messages out of the email box. I am from North Carolina. Please tell me who I need to write an email to. I'll be happy to go my share. I'm tired of having a Yahoo account to use and then see if I receive any spam. If I don't, then I'll change it to my other account. So far, that has been my best protection. However, I have to go clear out my Yahoo (bulk) section out. Thanks for reading. Sincerely, Derek

Comment

Derek, I get a reasonable amount of Spam on my home email account and started using Matador by MailFrontier and found that it does wonders. I now only have to deal with 1 or two spams per day. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "dledbetter" wrote in message news:6aea16a8.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > To whom it may concern: > > I agree with this article and we need to be speaking up to our govternment. > > For those of us who use the computer in a positive way, spam email is not only aggravating but time consuming. In a world where there is "no time" for anything else, who has time to kill deleting messages out of the email box. > > I am from North Carolina. Please tell me who I need to write an email to. I'll be happy to go my share. I'm tired of having a Yahoo account to use and then see if I receive any spam. If I don't, then I'll change it to my other account. So far, that has been my best protection. However, I have to go clear out my Yahoo (bulk) section out. > > Thanks for reading. > > Sincerely, > > Derek

Comment

Spam is continuing to grow. I have my own domain which is quite public, as well as moderating a mailing list, and I can tell you conclusively that spam is getting worse and worse. The mailing list, which used to receive one or two spams a day at most, is now receiving dozens. My domain is deluged on a daily basis. I use SpamAssassin, which does a great job of quarantining messages, but there are still tons of them. To get your voice heard, I suggest using the same vehicle as we've been using for the outsourcing issue. You'll notice that jobs is now Sen. Kerry's number one stumping position; that's because of the people who have been pummeling their congressional representatives with letters, emails and faxes. You can do the same for the SPAM issue. It might not be as sexy an issue, but there's also no real organized effort for it, so it may not take as many of us to make a difference. Go here: http://capwiz.com/fair/mail/compose/ Enter your zip code (you may to enter zip+4). Then you can select "Compose your own message". You can then fax and/or email the President, your two senators and the representative from your district. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X