Oracle - Peoplesoft - JDE ramifacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle - Peoplesoft - JDE ramifacations

It ain't over 'till it's over. IMO - Before the dust settles, there will be more players with more offers. You may even see a Pac-Man defense. Dave

This Oracle/Peoplesoft/JDE merger/hostile takeover kinda reminds me of a cartoon where one fish eats the other. I find this move by Oracle to be very interesting and, potentially, one that will be very damaging to the iSeries product line. Oracle has stated that if they are successful with the takeover of Peoplesoft then they will stop selling both Peoplesoft and JDE. Since JDE is one of the larger selling apps for the iSeries that would be a big blow to the iSeries. Oracle may not be successful in the takeover, however. But that probably won't matter much because if Peoplesoft fights this in a court battle this could linger on in the courts for years. That being the case, you gotta ask yourself this question: If you were gettting ready to purchase JDE today wouldn't you wait to see what happens with this battle? Wouldn't it be prudent to see if JDE is forced out of business? You bet you would. And that's the real bottom line. Either Oracle kills JDE by buying Peoplesoft or they kill JDE by lingering this out in the courts for years. Either way JDE is dead meat, IMO. And, that's no good for the iSeries. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Very clever - http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/031111/na_fi...plesoft_2.html

Comment

Working...
      X