X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Center

Yes it is. So many different ways that I could not describe them all. Dave

Data Center

As an example of what David is talking about, we have NO data center staff at any time of the day. And it's a 3000sqft facility with 7-8 400's and countless NT servers (another 30+ 400's offsite). The only time my staff goes over there is to swap backup tapes. Everything else is done remotely.

Comment

Data Center

Ted, We have 24 hour operations like you do. The shifts may vary from 12 hours to 8 hours. We have monitoring software that could allow unattended consoles; however, our systems are considered critical enough to warrant an operator watching at all times. We have seen instances where the paging software has failed to notify someone and had not an operator been there we would have had big trouble. By the way, I have an autographed baseball with your name on it. Scott

Comment

Data Center

I only have three operators, straddle two shifts Monday-Friday, 7am - 11:00pm but we are a 24x7 operation with a primary and back-up on call person. We also use Robot for production scheduling. System checks are performed (remotely) 4 times daily on weekends and holidays by the primary on call person. If they find something wrong and can't be taken care of remotely, they need to report to work for resolution. Weekend backups are also done remotely. Previous to my employement here, I worked in a hospital environment. We did staff 24 X 7. Monday through Friday, three 8 hour shifts. Weekends and holidays were two 12 hour shifts. For staffing on the weekend and holiday shifts, I contacted the local colleges and hired through them. It was a great opprotunity for students to learn as well as make good wages, great for my FT operators as they didn't have to cover weekends or holidays and worked for me all around!

Comment

Data Center

We staff our data center 24x7. We do 12.5 hours 2 shifts. Wondering if there is any other ways that are being done.

Comment

Working...
          X