Bar Coding equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Coding equipment

Chuck Ackerman wrote: > We're looking for a bar-coding solution for our retail store > warehouses. We'd like to use a bar code scanner for two purposes: 1. > To scan incoming inventory as it's received at the door. 2. To scan > all of the inventory in the warehouse and on the showroom floor > during physical inventories. Chuck, it might be worth it to contact the SystemID people (Systemid.com for the numbers). > If you've had experiences, good or bad, with such devices please feel > free to share them. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, just > implement a solution. Our solution we implemented would be overkill for you, we are doing the manufacturing floor transactions through barcoding and it gets uploaded every 15 minutes. Some stations are wired, some are not. The wireless stations are the gun types and have been abused from almost the first day; some have survived, some have not. Since you're willing to batch upload, antenna number and placement is not an important factor for you; it was for us and we're having to add a repeater in the warehouse due to a rearrangement of the warehouse layout. bill

Bar Coding equipment

Bill, Thanks, I'll check into SystemID. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bill" wrote in message newsE94B009CF31188618A0F934DC4E7B36@in.WebX.WawyahGHaj S... > Chuck Ackerman wrote: > > We're looking for a bar-coding solution for our retail store > > warehouses. We'd like to use a bar code scanner for two purposes: 1. > > To scan incoming inventory as it's received at the door. 2. To scan > > all of the inventory in the warehouse and on the showroom floor > > during physical inventories. > > Chuck, it might be worth it to contact the SystemID people (Systemid.com > for the numbers). > > > If you've had experiences, good or bad, with such devices please feel > > free to share them. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, just > > implement a solution. > > Our solution we implemented would be overkill for you, we are doing the > manufacturing floor transactions through barcoding and it gets uploaded > every 15 minutes. Some stations are wired, some are not. The wireless > stations are the gun types and have been abused from almost the first day; > some have survived, some have not. Since you're willing to batch upload, > antenna number and placement is not an important factor for you; it was for > us and we're having to add a repeater in the warehouse due to a > rearrangement of the warehouse layout. > > bill > >

Comment

Bar Coding equipment

We're looking for a bar-coding solution for our retail store warehouses. We'd like to use a bar code scanner for two purposes: 1. To scan incoming inventory as it's received at the door. 2. To scan all of the inventory in the warehouse and on the showroom floor during physical inventories. This scanner needs to be non-tethered. I.E. no wires. The person using it needs to be able to move around at will. However, this does NOT mean that I need a wireless "hot" connection to the host. It can collect barcode information in "batch" and then when connected to the host it can upload the scans in batch. This doesn't mean that I won't use a wireless RF connection, however that may be too costly for our project. I would much refer an AS/400 solution. However, if that's not available then one that's easy to program and upload to the AS/400 is an alternative. If you've had experiences, good or bad, with such devices please feel free to share them. I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, just implement a solution. TIA, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Bar Coding equipment

Regarding hand held scanners: We have used those in the past here and one of things we had to live with was the fact that the hand held scanner was only as reliable as the hands that were holding it. (We are implementing, yet again, a hand held scanning system here for inventory control--the first one failed. But considering how our implementation is going at this point with a new PC based system that does not fit our business, and has a lot of Beta attachments, and was not recommend by IT, I wouldn't recommend anything we are using, or attempting, to use!)

Comment

Working...
        X