X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    national anti-spam registry

If you sign up for no spam, bear with me now, you have to give your email address, it has to be made public to companies so they know who you are, then you have to rely on same and the bad ones to obey another law, and they are breaking some already....I don't think I'll be signing up....and then I can picture getting a notice from the registra offering me a deal for about $5 a month to keep my information private? like I just got from Network Solutions to protect my whois info private.....what a racket...

Leave a comment:

• G.Gaunt
    Guest replied

I just received email about sign-up at: www.nationalantispamregistry.com. Is this sign-up legitimate, or another trojan horse to harvest email address?

Leave a comment:

• dacust
    replied

Here is an article from linuxsecurity.com. The National Anti-Spam Registry, or a Pretender? It is not conclusive, but appears to me to lead to the conclusion that it is either a hoax, or at the very least, posing. The privacy statement sounds more like signing up for spam than the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    replied

Bill Robins wrote: If this was a spam message about the website and not just a note from a friend, it shouldn't be given any credence. OTOH, I have received notes from friends who have unwittingly sent false information. One should be careful in all cases. Dave

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest started a topic national anti-spam registry

Gene Gaunt wrote: > I just received email about sign-up at: > www.nationalantispamregistry.com. > > Is this sign-up legitimate, or another trojan horse to harvest email > address? If this was a spam message about the website and not just a note from a friend, it shouldn't be given any credence. Very little brought up by Google, a majority of it being PR notices which would be a warning sign to me. Bill
Working...
X