Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on Politics in the USA: Electoral College Votes represented by a States popular vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Politics in the USA: Electoral College Votes represented by a States popular vote.

You could have been reading about this 40 years ago, 80 years ago, etc. etc. etc. Various people have considered the prospect for years. It doesn't even come close to actually happening. IMO the point is moot.. . . . It ain't gonna happen. Dave

More on Politics in the USA: Electoral College Votes represented by a States popular vote.

Hello David, I agree with that completely. There appears to be a lot of hype in the media about this currently which leads me to believe that who ever controls the media might indeed feel that this, for whatever reason, should be a high profile issue, that is, for the moment. Regards, Web.

Comment

More on Politics in the USA: Electoral College Votes represented by a States popular vote. I have been reading and hearing about some states considering changing the electoral voting process from a winner take all to a representation by popular vote - for the people and by the people. I understand that some political theorist explain that their is no truly perfect electorate system and then there is the argument that an election by a purely popular vote can more readily enable tyrants and thugs into power. Thus, it has been argued that a winner take all system by state is quite possibly a better formula. Keep in mind, I believe that I heard that just 2 states have their electoral votes represented by the popular vote - I believe that Nebraska is one of them, but am not completely sure about this. And so, would anyone like to speculate and/or comment on this trend and whether or not a state(s) changing from a winner take all to a representation by popular vote for state by state electoral votes would be a change in the right direction for the whole nation?

Comment

Working...
      X