My daughter's hard work pays off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's hard work pays off...

Over the years you may have heard me discuss my daughter's hard work in playing the travel softball circuit. Yesterday, she was rewarded for her efforts. She committed, verbally, to attend Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles in the fall of 2005 on a scholarship to play softball. She is very excited about this opportunity and was very impressed with the university. LMU is one of the top academic universities in the country with only 4,800 undergrads and an average class size of 19. The university sits on a bluff overlooking the entire Los Angeles basin and the Pacific Ocean. Many of the classrooms, dorms and eating areas have great views of the ocean overlooking Marina Del Rey and Santa Monica. The school resides less than 1/2 a mile from the beach. The LMU softball team is in Division 1 and had a record of 36-13 last year making it a strong and powerful team. Team slugging percentage was over .650. My daughter is a strong shortstop and a powerful hitter so she should fit in just fine. Southern California is the Mecca for girls fastpitch softball and it's a dream of almost all girls fastpitch players to play college in Southern California. I'm proud to say that my daughter's dreams have been realized. You can see info on the travel team at www.SoCalSelect.com. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Congrats. And she'll be close to home.

Comment

Ken, Thanks for the note. Being close to home means that I can still watch her games! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Ken Rokos" wrote in message news:6aee047b.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Congrats. And she'll be close to home.

Comment

Working...
      X