Interesting quote by Steve Ballmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting quote by Steve Ballmer

I find the quote to be typical Ballmer drivel. Since IBM leads the application server marketplace, beating out BEA, Oracle and Sun, I wonder what exactly he means. As Microsoft begins to lose its stranglehold on the marketplace, either through people being sick of the licensing, or because of the fatal security flaws, or because they can't ship ANYTHING from a patch to a release on time, it will be interesting to watch Ballmer continue to try to manage the spin. He's starting to remind me of the Iraqi Minister of Defense. Joe

Interesting quote by Steve Ballmer

I found the following quote by Steve Ballmer to be very interesting... "When people say IBM, IBM's core franchise was a software-based franchise. The mainframe was kind of about hardware, but it was also about mainframe operating systems. They have not been able to regenerate their software franchise. They have been able to do some things which are interesting in terms of regenerating their business with services. They don't have an overwhelming presence in any software category off the mainframe. WebSphere doesn't have an overwhelming presence, (same for) DB2, Tivoli, Notes. From http://news.com.com/Ballmer%3A+Xbox+...?tag=nefd.lede chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Working...
    X