Consumers encourage outsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumers encourage outsourcing

Nice generalization. Take a group of people who are typically in serious need of money (or else they wouldn't be cashing in their equity) and tell them it will take two extra days to have it done in the US. Regardless of the idiocy of WHY it takes two extra days in the US, it's actually pretty cool that 1 out of 10 people opt to spend the two extra days JUST TO KEEP THE PROCESS IN-COUNTRY. That is, a full ten percent of the people are willing to add two days to the process just to keep their information in-house. As to the "resignation" or "lack of interest" in the issue, the LA Times is so far out of whack that its not funny. The Utah Republican pary just went so far as to not endorse its own incumbent because he favors amnesty for illegal aliens. This is not an issue that is being taken lightly, either by the pols or the people. Joe

Joe said: "Nice generalization. Take a group of people who are typically in serious need of money (or else they wouldn't be cashing in their equity)" Huh? Talk about generalizations! I've ALWAYS taken cash back whenever I've refinanced. In fact, most of my refinances were to pay for some major improvement on the property. Also, if I can borrow on my equity at 4.1% and invest it in a growth fund that makes more than that it's a solid financial decision. To categorize that as "serious need of money" is silly. Joe said: "As to the "resignation" or "lack of interest" in the issue, the LA Times is so far out of whack that its not funny. The Utah Republican pary just went so far as to not endorse its own incumbent because he favors amnesty for illegal aliens. This is not an issue that is being taken lightly, either by the pols or the people." Huh (again)? What does the illegal alien amnesty issue have to do with outsourcing in India? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

I read the linked posts here about E-Loan a few weeks ago and posted that the combination of customer service here and back office in India was not mentioned. If customer service is here, processing has to wait till next day here. If customer service is in India, processing and back office is same day in India I believe. In any event, processing is same day if customer service is done in India. As I posted here a few weeks ago, the obvious choice by customers would be customer service here, back office overnight in India for same day processing. The whole thing is a scam anyway to fool people into a false choice to justify their lies. My recommendation is they can go to Hades in a handbasket, same day option. rd

Comment

There was an article in yesterday's L.A. Times (May 6) that says we, as consumers, are encouraging outsourcing. I'll show the link, but I'll quote a few passages since the L.A. Times wants you to pay to see older articles. "Over the last three months, more than 12,000 people have voted to send Gina Hellegers' job offshore. She tries not to take it personally. Hellegers is an underwriter at E-Loan Inc., a Pleasanton, Calif.-based mortgage company that has started offering online customers a choice: When they're taking cash out of their homes, do they want the paperwork processed in 10 days overseas or 12 days in the United States? Nearly 9 in 10 customers choose the overseas option, which means the work is done in Chennai, India. "They just want their home equity loan as quickly as possible," Hellegers said. The lopsided result helps explain why many companies, including E-Loan and about half the Fortune 500, continue to move parts of their operations to low-cost areas around the world. Although public opinion polls show Americans are worried about this outsourcing of jobs, few people appear willing to back that up if it means spending more money or more time. Even those who have lost jobs sometimes express more resignation than outrage. The lack of widespread passion on the subject, some say, helps explain why dozens of measures in Congress and state legislatures for limiting outsourcing have failed to gain much traction." Read more at ... http://www.latimes.com/la-fi-jobs6may06,1,62746.story chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Working...
        X