Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More on Politics: Which percentage of each best describes Ralph Nader - 1) the desire for power and/or 2) the desire for serving others for the social good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Politics: Which percentage of each best describes Ralph Nader - 1) the desire for power and/or 2) the desire for serving others for the social good?

IMHO Ralph Nader has not been smart enought to figure out that he has disenfranchised himself, and by doing that, he has also disenfranchised any positive works that he may fight for in the future. The saddest part about this is that Nader, by insisting on running, has completely turned off many of his staunchest supporters. Sure, he has every right to run, but I can only imagine what he thinks he is going to accomplish by this effort. Dave

More on Politics: Which percentage of each best describes Ralph Nader - 1) the desire for power and/or 2) the desire for serving others for the social good?

One can't help but presume that whether Nader acknowledges it or not, that he ultimately helps Rove and Bush's strategy for re-election.

Comment

I can't say that I have studied Nader enough to know his personality traits first hand. But from what I've seen of Nader on TV and in print his dominant value is social. But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have high political values (desire for power) also. People generally have 2 dominant values and parts of all of the 7 values in their personality. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Webified - It's just me!" wrote in message news:6aeb07dd.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > More on Politics: Which percentage of each best describes Ralph Nader - 1) the desire for power and/or 2) the desire for serving others for the social good?

Comment

Comment

is that he is some of both. Even megalomaniacs and totalitarians (not necessarily referring to him) no doubt convince themselves they are doing good for society. Seat belts may have saved my life, and a friend of mine nearly died for not using one (now he makes everybody buckle up before he even turns on the ignition). We largely have Ralph Nader to thank for that and for a number of other good things. I disagree sharply with a number of his views, probably would never vote for him, but I am sick and totally disgusted with the two-party political cartel now dominant. They set up the rules to keep the other kids out. And if you look at their policies, they are almost identicial. (see, don't start!) I voted "third party" in 2000, probably not one you might think. I almost had second thoughts after they started the ruckus (I live in S. Florida). But this arrangement is a matter of political and social engineering.

Comment

Working...
          X