Poll Maddness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Maddness

Here are two recent examples of the weirdness of this election year.... 1. Last week after the Democratic convention USA Today took a poll on Friday and Saturday asking people who they'd vote for in the upcoming election. To USA Today's surprise George W. Bush's lead INCREASED by 4 percentage points. USA Today was unhappy with those results and extended their polling an additional day through Sunday. I don't know the eventual results but this is an example of how polls are used to manipulate, not report, information. 2. The Washington press corps were polled to determine how they'd vote in the upcoming election. A whopping 93% of all of the reporters responding said they'd vote for Kerry. I gotta think that no matter how impartial they claim to be, there can be no fair coverage of the election when the thinking is so lopsided. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Poll Maddness

Chuck Ackerman wrote: I gotta think that no matter how impartial they claim to be, there can be no fair coverage of the election when the thinking is so lopsided. You should watch FOX. They're Fair and Balanced. Aren't they? Dave

Comment

Working...
    X