X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A+ Certification

Once you have the piece of paper, they can't take it away from you! Dave

A+ Certification

I think it depends on what part of IT you are going into. But if you lack experience, a certificate tells prospective employers that someone says you know something. Which certificate is important would depend on the job you are being hired for.

Comment

A+ Certification

I found an interesting debate over an UK message board about this exact same subject (PC Advisor Magazine's website) here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/in...467&forumid=16 My suggestion would be for you to do some searches on job boards (monster.com, careerbuilder, etc.) and see how many companies have A+ as a desired certification. I also agree with the previous post that it depends on what part of IT you're going into... if you're looking into helpdesk type of stuff then A+ can't hurt but if you want to get into project management then PMI is the best choice.

Comment

A+ Certification

A friend of mine asked me today if I thought A+ certification is worthwhile for a person just getting started in IT. Since I have been out of IT for seven years now, I am hoping the knowledgeable participants of this forum may have opinions to offer. Mark McCall

Comment

A+ Certification

I work primarily with the System i, and, suspect, that even though a certification is not required, (since I already have the job), it certainly would not hurt to get. And so, a few years back, for my own sense of accomplishment, I paid the price to take the online certification test, and, on the first try, passed the IBM iSeries command operations test for V5R2. I had read 3 related books cover to cover before taking the test, along with having real world work experience. If you have the time, and the desire, by all means, work toward, and get, the certification(s), whatever aspect of IT it may represent. It may just be a stepping stone to a new perspective, and sense of technology enlightenment, moving forward.

Comment

Working...
          X