How to pick a change management system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pick a change management system

My experience with change management packages is, that they are all very good. A decision should be made on individual features that you require. These features may not be available on all packages. Dave

My recollection was SoftLanding Turnover folks were sharp and accessible and good architecture. Aldon was also very solid and intuitive, I used daily for three years. Both have very high end features. You might check into how well they handle emergency checkout revisioning which is where you're going to stress the software. rd

Comment

We're trying to decide on a change management system for our iSeries. We are a small shop with just two iSeries programmers. We have narrowed the list down to two companies. They are Aldon, and Softlanding. Aldon is the more expensive of the two packages but at first glance appears to offer the most. All we have seen of each package is a webex demo from both companies. Is there anyone out there who has either package? What made you choose the package you have? In your opinion what are the pros and cons of the package you have? This is big expense for us, and we want to make sure we pick the correct package.

Comment

We have both MKS's Implementer (formerly Silvon)and Aldon's ACMS. We are a mixed shop of traditional RPG development (uses Aldon) and Computer Associates Allfusion 2E (aka SYNON 2E)with Allfusion 2E CM addon which uses MKS's Implementer. We didn't go with Aldon's MOM product for 2E, because we felt it was not as well supported as 2E CM. Having used both products, my personal preference is MKS Implementer, as I found it to be a little more intuitive to configure for defaulting the destination libraries of program/file objects and their respective source members. Also the promotions steps for the developers are, I think are easier and less error prone. Both products are very strong, but have their individual peculiarities that can be sometimes frustrating, but overall are decent products. They both also have an extended product line that encompasses the enterprise development arena. They also have plugins for Webshere development that facilitate change management. I would be looking for the stronger product in this arena for future growth. We haven't really researched the extended product lines at this time, so I can't really vouch for one or the other in this regard.

Comment

Working...
        X