RPG is in decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG is in decline

As an aside, now that Oracle owns JDE and Larry Ellison is on record as hating the iSeries, I wouldn't use JDE a predictor to iSeries direction. No matter what pretty face and make-nice things JDE says, the iSeries is not a long term direction for JDE. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "md3500" wrote in message news:6b30bf31.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Despite an increase in iSeries sales RPG is in decline. I know the same > thing has been said many times before but this time some things are > different. > 1. Major ERP products that were written in RPG (JD Edwards etc) are being > bought out by companies that have no long term interest in RPG. > 2. Other iSeries ERP vendors like Intentia have completely rewritten their > products in J2EE and Lawson (who is merging with Intentia) is following > the same path. > > RPG will always be around but it is in decline. RPG programmers should be > proactive in expanding their skills beyond RPG to avoid employment > difficulties in the future.

RPG is in decline

Despite an increase in iSeries sales RPG is in decline. I know the same thing has been said many times before but this time some things are different. 1. Major ERP products that were written in RPG (JD Edwards etc) are being bought out by companies that have no long term interest in RPG. 2. Other iSeries ERP vendors like Intentia have completely rewritten their products in J2EE and Lawson (who is merging with Intentia) is following the same path. RPG will always be around but it is in decline. RPG programmers should be proactive in expanding their skills beyond RPG to avoid employment difficulties in the future.

Comment

RPG is in decline

The point remains that a large RPG ERP vendor is going away regardless of who bought them. And JDE is not the only one in the last year.

Comment

Working...
      X