I think everyone is almost gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck Ackerman wrote: > It's because my Newsreader can no longer reach the forums. I refuse > to use this web based method so I guess it's see ya'. Hmm, too bad. I'm still using my newsreader. Bill

Comment

I don't get it either Chuck. I can _read_ the forum from the newsreader, but can't post. And I too much prefer newsreaders. That's why I never read the News400 forums. They just recently changed their forum software and have not responded to my inquiry about using newsreaders. I'll stick to the midrange.com mailing lists. There's loads of expertise there.

Comment

Hey, My newsreader is now working fine via mcpressonline.com. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Chuck Ackerman" wrote in message news:6b28d9ce.11@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > It's because my Newsreader can no longer reach the forums. I refuse to use > this web based method so I guess it's see ya'.

Comment

mcpressonline notified me of this thread with the message from Bill 3 messages up. I've barely been getting a message a day from these forums, if that. If they want traffic, they need to make it easier for people to know what is happening and when messages are posted. When I first started getting messages here, I thought I got all posts. Now it appears to be only the inital post to a thread. Most of us are talking on midrange.com, but I miss Joel, and all the others from mcpress. I have used the website to post, but it is too cumbersome for all responses. Dwight

Comment

Jeff Crosby wrote: > I don't get it either Chuck. I can _read_ the forum from the > newsreader, but can't post. Jeff, When you say you can't post, do you mean you get an error about the time/date being invalid? If so, don't worry about it; it'll post later. My guess is that the clock on the newsreader processor is slow and won't allow posts coming in from the "future", but will accept them once they've sat in your outbox for about 15 minutes. Bill

Comment

Bill wrote: > > When you say you can't post, do you mean you get an error about the > time/date being invalid? If so, don't worry about it; it'll post later. > My guess is that the clock on the newsreader processor is slow and won't > allow posts coming in from the "future", but will accept them once they've > sat in your outbox for about 15 minutes. > Testing to see if this post goes through after getting the "time invalid" message.

Comment

Barbara Morris wrote: > > Bill wrote: > > > > When you say you can't post, do you mean you get an error about the > > time/date being invalid? If so, don't worry about it; it'll post later. > > My guess is that the clock on the newsreader processor is slow and won't > > allow posts coming in from the "future", but will accept them once they've > > sat in your outbox for about 15 minutes. > > > > Testing to see if this post goes through after getting the "time > invalid" message. Whoo hoo! I remember a previous thread with some similar advice to resend from the outbox, but I never figured out how to get the message _into_ the outbox in the first place (Netscape 4). 1. In the message composition window, File->Send Later It goes in the Unsent Messages folder 2. Wait a while 3. In the newsreader window, File->Send Unsent Messages Thanks Bill.

Comment

Barbara Morris wrote: > I remember a previous thread with some similar advice to resend from > the outbox, but I never figured out how to get the message _into_ the > outbox in the first place (Netscape 4). > > 1. In the message composition window, File->Send Later > It goes in the Unsent Messages folder > 2. Wait a while > 3. In the newsreader window, File->Send Unsent Messages > > Thanks Bill. No problem. This is interesting because with Outlook Express, it automatically goes into the Outbox and waits until it can send it.

Comment

I have most of my mail go through Outlook, but have IBM newsgroups go though Express. What do I need to add to use Express for this. Thank you in advance Dwight

Comment

Hi everyone that is still here. I remember the glory days when this forum was hopping with questions/answers. Now several years later it is dwindling away. Have most left the IT field? Is it really that bad out there? Somehow I have managed to stay in the AS/400 admin field for 11 years now. Scott

Comment

IIRC, and if it's still working, you put mcpressonline.com as the news server name, and use your same user ID and password to log in with OE. Brian

Comment

Bill wrote: > Barbara Morris wrote: > >>I remember a previous thread with some similar advice to resend from >>the outbox, but I never figured out how to get the message _into_ the >>outbox in the first place (Netscape 4). >> >>1. In the message composition window, File->Send Later >> It goes in the Unsent Messages folder >>2. Wait a while >>3. In the newsreader window, File->Send Unsent Messages >> >>Thanks Bill. > > > No problem. This is interesting because with Outlook Express, it > automatically goes into the Outbox and waits until it can send it. I'm testing it with Thunderbird. Doing a 'Send Later' instead of 'Send' Hope it works, but it's a pain. Only mcpressonline requires this. -- -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

Jeff Crosby wrote: > I'm testing it with Thunderbird. Doing a 'Send Later' instead of > 'Send' > > Hope it works, but it's a pain. Only mcpressonline requires this. Jeff, It's not that the server "requires" it, it's just a bug in the software that doesn't allow posts from the "future". The time gets reset every once in a while and the posts will then go through without a hiccup. Then a couple of months later it returns. Bill

Comment

Working...
                            X