Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBM to open its midrange systems to MySQL's database!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I decided to take a look at Zend's PHP Framework, to implement MVC. That seems a logical choice since Zend ported PHP to the System i5Series400. But that framework is still in beta, not offically released, as far as I know. See http://framework.zend.com/ Please feel free to comment on the PHP Frameworks. The trouble with picking one today is that it might not exist in a year. Chris

Comment

We are taking something this approach in WebSmart PHP. You separate content from programming logic by having HTML segments- similar in concept to display file DDS. Your PHP code has a single function to write any segment. HTML segments work just like DDS, in that you can intermingle constants and placeholders for database fields. This allows you to effectively separate programming logic from presentation code, although I suppose a totally 'pure' MVC approach would rely upon SQL triggers to perform logic at the database level. Duncan

Comment

Hmmmm??!!?? ---> this is kind of interesting coming on the heels of the 515 announcements!

Comment

"The trouble with picking one (PHP Framework) today is that it might not exist in a year." Chris, that is one reason to choose to use the Zend Framework because it will stay around. In fact IBM is betting it will: on the URL you listed, http://framework.zend.com, please scroll down to "The QEDWiki Project". Remember, this isn't just a simple Framework. The Zend Framework has code from the likes of Google, GE, Yahoo, and others. Reality is we could probably charge for this but it is bundled into Core for i5/OS. Jim Dillard

Comment

Working...
          X